Here's a simple and delicious beef and broccoli recipe that you can easily prepare on a griddle:
- 1 pound beef (sirloin or flank steak), thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
Prepare the Beef:
- Thinly slice the beef and set it aside.
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Cook the Beef:
- Drizzle the griddle with olive oil. Add the sliced beef and minced garlic. Sauté until the beef is browned on all sides, for about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the griddle and set it aside.
Cook the Broccoli:
- Add the broccoli florets to the griddle. Stir-fry them until they're bright green and tender, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside with the beef.
Prepare the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved.
Combine and Simmer:
- Return the beef and broccoli to the griddle. Pour the prepared sauce over the beef and broccoli.
- Stir and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beef and broccoli.
Garnish and Serve:
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the beef and broccoli from the griddle.
- Optionally, sprinkle sesame seeds on top for garnish.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over cooked rice or noodles.
This flavorful beef and broccoli dish is a fantastic option for a quick and satisfying meal. Enjoy the delicious blend of tender beef, vibrant broccoli, and savory sauce!