Making beef fried rice on a griddle is a flavorful and quick way to prepare this classic dish. Here's a simple recipe:
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice (preferably day-old)
- 1/2 pound (about 225g) beef, thinly sliced (flank steak, sirloin, or similar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Preheat the Griddle: Preheat your griddle to medium heat, around 375-400°F (190-200°C).
Marinate the Beef:
- In a bowl, combine the thinly sliced beef with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Let it marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the hot griddle.
- Stir-fry the marinated beef slices until they're cooked through, which should take about 3-4 minutes. Remove the beef from the griddle and set it aside.
- Toss in the diced onions and carrots with the remaining vegetable oil, and stir-fry them until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
Add Garlic and Peas:
- Add the minced garlic and frozen peas to the griddle, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the peas are heated through and the garlic is fragrant.
Push Veggies to the Side:
- Push the cooked vegetables to one side of the griddle to make space for the eggs.
- Pour the beaten eggs onto the empty side of the griddle and scramble them until they're mostly cooked but still slightly runny.
- Mix the scrambled eggs into the vegetables, and then stir in the cooked beef.
Add Rice and Soy Sauce:
- Add the cooled cooked rice to the griddle, breaking it up as you stir it with the other ingredients.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of soy sauce over the rice and stir-fry, ensuring that the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Continue to stir-fry the rice and other ingredients for about 5-7 minutes, or until the rice is heated through and has absorbed the flavors.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the beef fried rice with sliced green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade beef fried rice cooked on the griddle.
Feel free to add other ingredients like bean sprouts, diced scallions, or sliced bell peppers to customize your beef fried rice to your liking.