Here's a delicious beef nachos recipe that can be easily made on a griddle:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- Optional toppings: Sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, chopped onions, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium heat.
Cook the Ground Beef:
- Add olive oil to the griddle and brown the ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks.
Season the Beef:
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the ground beef and mix it well. Cook until the beef is fully cooked and seasoned.
Layer the Tortilla Chips:
- Spread the tortilla chips evenly across the griddle, forming a layer to cover the cooking area.
Add the Beef and Cheese:
- Spread the cooked ground beef evenly over the tortilla chips. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the beef and chips.
- If desired, add any optional toppings like sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or black olives over the cheese.
Cover and Melt the Cheese:
- Cover the griddle with a lid or aluminum foil, allowing the cheese to melt and the nachos to heat through. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the lid and turn off the griddle.
Add Fresh Toppings:
- Garnish the nachos with additional fresh toppings like chopped onions, sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
Serve the delicious beef nachos directly from the griddle. They make a fantastic appetizer or a crowd-pleasing snack for gatherings and game nights! Adjust the toppings according to your preference for a personalized nacho experience.