Here's a delicious recipe for Black Bass cooked on your griddle:
Griddled Black Bass with Lemon and Herbs:
- 2 black bass fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Marinade:
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Marinate the Black Bass:
- Place the black bass fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Ensure both sides of the fillets are well coated. Let them marinate for about 15-30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
Cooking on the Griddle:
- Lightly grease the griddle with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the marinated black bass fillets on the griddle, skin side down. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Once cooked, transfer the black bass fillets to a serving plate.
- Drizzle any remaining marinade over the top.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Optional: Griddled Vegetables
For a complete meal, consider griddling some vegetables alongside the black bass. Sliced zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus work well. Drizzle them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook on the griddle until they are tender and slightly charred.
This Griddled Black Bass with Lemon and Herbs is a simple yet elegant dish that lets the natural flavors of the fish shine. It's perfect for a quick and healthy meal straight from your griddle!