Here's a simple and flavorful recipe for griddled Brussels sprouts:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional seasonings: Garlic powder, paprika, or grated parmesan for added flavor
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Brussels Sprouts:
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. For added flavor, you can sprinkle garlic powder, paprika, or parmesan cheese.
- Place the seasoned Brussels sprouts cut side down onto the hot griddle. Allow them to cook for about 8-10 minutes.
Flip and Cook:
- Use tongs to turn the Brussels sprouts to their other cut side and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. You want them to turn golden brown and become tender.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once cooked through and golden, remove the Brussels sprouts from the griddle and transfer them to a serving dish.
Additional Seasoning (Optional):
- If desired, you can sprinkle them with additional seasoning or a touch of salt before serving.
- Serve your perfectly grilled Brussels sprouts while they're hot as a delightful side dish or as a tasty addition to your meal!
These griddled Brussels sprouts make for a delicious and healthy side to complement your main course or can be enjoyed as a standalone dish. They're simple to make and bursting with flavor!