Cheese quesadillas are simple and delicious. Here's how to make them on a griddle:
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- Cooking oil or butter for greasing
- Sliced jalapeños
- Chopped bell peppers
- Cooked chicken, beef, or beans
Preheat the Griddle:
- Begin by preheating your griddle to medium heat.
Prepare the Tortillas:
- Lay out one tortilla and spread a layer of shredded cheese evenly over half of the tortilla.
- If you're adding any optional ingredients, place them on top of the cheese.
Fold the Tortilla:
- Fold the tortilla in half over the cheese and other fillings, creating a half-moon shape.
Grease the Griddle:
- Lightly grease the heated griddle with a small amount of cooking oil or butter.
Cook the Quesadillas:
- Place the prepared quesadillas on the griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Slice and Serve:
- Once done, remove the quesadillas from the griddle and allow them to cool for a minute.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges or slices and serve while they're hot.
Serve these delicious cheese quesadillas with your favorite dips like guacamole, salsa, or sour cream for a fantastic snack or meal. They're quick, customizable, and perfect for any time of the day!