Here's a classic cheeseburger recipe tailored for your griddle:
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 lean-to-fat ratio recommended)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of cheese (Cheddar, American, Swiss - your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Patties:
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions. Gently form each portion into a patty, ensuring they are slightly larger than the size of your buns to allow for shrinkage during cooking.
- Season each patty generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the burger patties on the preheated griddle. Let them cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side. Avoid pressing down on the patties, as this squeezes out the juices.
- Flip the patties and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Place a slice of cheese on each patty during the last minute of cooking to allow it to melt.
Prepare the Buns:
- While the patties are cooking, lightly butter the insides of the burger buns.
- Place the buns, buttered side down, on the griddle and toast them until they're lightly golden brown.
Assemble the Cheeseburgers:
- Place the cooked cheeseburger patties on the bottom half of the toasted buns.
- Add your preferred toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise.
- Top with the other half of the bun.
Serve and Enjoy:
Serve the classic cheeseburgers hot and enjoy this timeless and flavorful meal right from your griddle! Adjust the toppings according to your preference for a personalized burger experience.