Fluffy pancakes are a breakfast classic that can be prepared to perfection on your griddle. These pancakes are light, airy, and incredibly delicious. Here's how to make fluffy pancakes on your griddle:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium heat, around 350°F (175°C). You can test the heat by sprinkling a few drops of water on the griddle. If they sizzle and evaporate, it's ready.
Mix Dry Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk them together to ensure an even distribution of the dry ingredients.
Prepare Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir the mixture gently with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. It's okay if there are a few lumps; overmixing can make the pancakes less fluffy.
Grease the Griddle:
- Lightly grease the griddle with a small amount of butter or cooking oil. Make sure it's evenly coated.
Ladle the Batter:
- Using a ladle or a measuring cup, pour a portion of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle. You can adjust the size to your preference, but don't make them too big; smaller pancakes are easier to flip.
Cook the Pancakes:
- Let the pancakes cook until you see bubbles forming on the surface and the edges start to look set. This typically takes 2-3 minutes.
Flip the Pancakes:
- Carefully flip the pancakes using a spatula. Cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes or until they're golden brown and cooked through.
- You can place the cooked pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in a low-temperature oven while you make the rest.
- Serve the fluffy pancakes hot with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, sliced bananas, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips for Perfect Fluffy Pancakes:
- Don't overmix the batter; a few lumps are okay.
- Use a preheated griddle, and maintain a consistent temperature.
- When you see bubbles forming on the surface, it's time to flip.
- Be patient; good pancakes require just the right amount of cooking time on each side.
These fluffy pancakes will make your breakfast or brunch a delightful experience. With the right griddle and a little practice, you can perfect the art of pancake-making and enjoy the light, fluffy goodness of homemade pancakes whenever you like.