Garlic butter shrimp scampi is a classic and delicious dish that's quick and easy to prepare on your griddle. Here's a simple recipe to make this savory seafood dish:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz linguine or your choice of pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- Olive oil for cooking
1. Prepare the Pasta:
- Cook the linguine (or your choice of pasta) according to the package instructions until it's al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Marinate the Shrimp:
- In a bowl, combine the peeled and deveined shrimp with 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp evenly.
3. Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
4. Cook the Shrimp:
- Add a bit of olive oil to the griddle to prevent sticking. Place the marinated shrimp on the griddle in a single layer.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become rubbery.
5. Prepare the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In a separate pan or on a section of your griddle, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the remaining minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until it's fragrant but not browned.
6. Deglaze with White Wine (Optional):
- If you're using white wine, add it to the garlic butter mixture and let it simmer for a minute or two to cook off the alcohol.
7. Add Lemon Juice and Zest:
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, combining all the flavors in the sauce.
8. Combine Shrimp and Pasta:
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat it evenly.
9. Season and Garnish:
- Season the pasta with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if you want some heat).
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the dish for a burst of color and flavor.
- Plate your garlic butter shrimp scampi on individual plates or a serving platter.
- You can garnish with additional lemon zest, parsley, or a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Enjoy your homemade garlic butter shrimp scampi on your griddled pasta. It's a delightful and savory dish that's sure to please your taste buds.