The Grilled Reuben sandwich is a classic and delicious dish. Here's a recipe to prepare a Grilled Reuben on your griddle:
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Start by preheating your griddle over medium heat. While it heats up, you can assemble the sandwiches.
Build the Sandwiches:
- Take a slice of rye bread and spread a layer of Thousand Island dressing on one side.
- Layer slices of corned beef on top of the dressing.
- Add a generous amount of sauerkraut over the corned beef.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese over the sauerkraut.
- Top the sandwich with another slice of rye bread.
Grilling on the Griddle:
- Spread a bit of softened butter on the outside of the assembled sandwiches. This will help create a golden, crispy crust.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated griddle. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Once both sides are nicely grilled and the cheese is melted, remove the sandwiches from the griddle.
- Cut the Grilled Reuben sandwiches diagonally and serve them hot.
Enjoy the warm, melted Swiss cheese blending with the savory corned beef and tangy sauerkraut, all encased in perfectly grilled rye bread. This classic Grilled Reuben is a delightful treat, perfect for any meal of the day!