Here's a tasty ham and cheese omelette recipe suitable for your griddle:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, or your favorite type)
- 1 tablespoon butter or cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Chopped vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or spinach for extra flavor
Preheat the Griddle:
- Begin by preheating your griddle to medium heat.
Prepare the Eggs:
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning. Beat the eggs until they are thoroughly mixed and slightly frothy.
Cooking the Omelette:
- Add butter or oil to the griddle, ensuring an even coating on the surface.
- Pour the beaten eggs onto the griddle and let them begin to set.
- Sprinkle the diced ham and shredded cheese over one half of the omelette as it starts to cook.
- If you're using any additional vegetables, add them to one side of the omelette as well.
Folding the Omelette:
- As the eggs begin to set but are still a little runny on top, use a spatula to gently fold the omelette in half, covering the fillings.
- Allow the omelette to cook for another minute or two, ensuring the cheese melts and the eggs are thoroughly cooked through.
- Carefully transfer the omelette to a plate using the spatula.
- For an extra touch, garnish your ham and cheese omelette with fresh herbs such as parsley or chives.
This basic ham and cheese omelette is easily customizable to suit your taste preferences. Serve it with toast, fresh fruit, or any side of your choice for a delightful breakfast or brunch!