Leftover turkey tacos are a delicious way to enjoy your Thanksgiving or holiday turkey in a new and exciting way. Here's a recipe for leftover turkey tacos on your griddle:
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 small tortillas
- Toppings of your choice: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, etc.
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Turkey Mixture:
- In a large skillet or on the griddle, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until they become translucent.
Season and Cook:
- Add the shredded leftover turkey to the skillet or griddle and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to heat through and infuse the flavors.
Add Beans and Corn:
- Stir in the black beans and corn kernels. Continue to cook until they are heated.
Combine Tomatoes, Cilantro, and Lime:
- Add the diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and lime juice to the mixture. Stir well to combine and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
Warm the Tortillas:
- On the griddle, warm the small tortillas for a minute or so on each side until they are pliable and slightly toasted.
- Place a generous spoonful of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla.
- Top with your choice of toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and lettuce.
- Serve the leftover turkey tacos immediately while they are warm and enjoy your delicious meal.
Leftover turkey tacos are a fantastic way to repurpose holiday leftovers, and they're quick and easy to make on your griddle. Customize your tacos with your favorite toppings for a satisfying meal.