Mustard Lime Steaks are a tantalizing choice for griddle cooking. Here's a simple and flavorful recipe for Mustard Lime Steaks that you can prepare on your griddle:
- 2 (8-ounce) steaks (such as sirloin, ribeye, or New York strip)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish, optional)
Prepare the Marinade:
- In a mixing bowl, combine Dijon mustard, lime zest, lime juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Whisk the ingredients together to form a smooth marinade.
Marinate the Steaks:
- Pat dry the steaks with paper towels and place them in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the steaks, ensuring they are evenly coated. Cover or seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the steaks to absorb the flavors.
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle over medium-high heat. Ensure it is thoroughly heated before placing the steaks on it.
- Once the griddle is hot, place the marinated steaks on it. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), adjusting the time according to your preferred level of doneness.
Rest the Steaks:
- Once cooked, remove the steaks from the griddle and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute within the meat.
- Slice the steaks, if desired, against the grain. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve the Mustard Lime Steaks hot, paired with your favorite side dishes such as roasted vegetables, a salad, or mashed potatoes.
This Mustard Lime Steak recipe is not only simple but also bursts with zesty flavors that complement the rich taste of the steak. It's a perfect choice for a quick and flavorful griddle-cooked meal!