Here's a recipe for making pork fried rice on a griddle:
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice (preferably day-old)
- 1 cup cooked and diced pork (e.g., leftover roast pork or pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Sesame oil (optional, for added flavor)
Preheat the Griddle: Preheat your griddle to medium heat, around 375-400°F (190-200°C).
- Ensure that your rice is cooked and cooled. Day-old rice works best for fried rice as it's less likely to become mushy.
- Dice the cooked pork and set it aside.
- Dice the onions and carrots, and mince the garlic.
- Add the vegetable oil to the hot griddle.
- Toss in the diced onions and carrots, and stir-fry them until they begin to soften, which should take about 3-4 minutes.
Add Garlic and Peas:
- Add the minced garlic and frozen peas to the griddle, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the peas are heated through and the garlic is fragrant.
Push Veggies to the Side:
- Push the cooked vegetables to one side of the griddle to make space for the eggs.
- Pour the beaten eggs onto the empty side of the griddle and scramble them until they're mostly cooked but still slightly runny.
- Mix the scrambled eggs into the vegetables, and then stir in the diced pork.
Add Rice and Sauces:
- Add the cooled cooked rice to the griddle, breaking it up as you stir it with the other ingredients.
- Drizzle soy sauce and oyster sauce over the rice and stir-fry, ensuring that the sauces are evenly distributed. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Continue stir-frying the rice for about 5-7 minutes, or until it's heated through and has absorbed the flavors.
Optional Sesame Oil:
- For extra flavor, you can drizzle a small amount of sesame oil over the fried rice and stir it in.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the pork fried rice with sliced green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious homemade pork fried rice cooked on the griddle.
You can also customize your pork fried rice by adding other ingredients like sliced green bell peppers, diced scallions, or chopped broccoli florets to create your own signature version of this classic dish.