Here's a delicious Sea Bass recipe for your griddle:
Griddled Sea Bass with Lemon and Herbs:
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Marinade:
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped thyme, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
Marinate the Sea Bass:
- Pat the sea bass fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Place the fillets in a shallow dish and brush them with the prepared marinade. Ensure both sides are well-coated.
- Let the sea bass marinate for about 15-30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
Griddle the Sea Bass:
- Lightly oil the griddle to prevent sticking.
- Place the marinated sea bass fillets on the griddle, skin side down. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
Check for Doneness:
- Sea bass is done when the flesh is opaque and easily separates with a fork. Be cautious not to overcook to maintain the fish's delicate texture.
- Once cooked, transfer the sea bass fillets to a serving plate.
- Drizzle any remaining marinade over the top.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Optional: Griddled Vegetables
For a complete meal, consider griddling some vegetables alongside the sea bass. Zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus work well. Drizzle them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook on the griddle until they are tender and slightly charred.
This Griddled Sea Bass with Lemon and Herbs is a simple yet elegant dish that lets the natural flavors of the sea bass shine. It's perfect for a quick and delicious meal straight from your griddle!