Shrimp fried rice is a delightful and quick dish that's perfect for cooking on a griddle. Here's a simple recipe for making shrimp fried rice on your griddle:
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice (preferably day-old)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Preheat the Griddle: Preheat your griddle to medium heat, around 375-400°F (190-200°C).
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the hot griddle.
- Stir-fry the peeled and deveined shrimp until they turn pink and opaque, which should take about 3-4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the griddle and set them aside.
- Toss in the diced onions and carrots with the remaining vegetable oil, and stir-fry them until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
Add Garlic and Peas:
- Add the minced garlic and frozen peas to the griddle, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the peas are heated through and the garlic is fragrant.
Push Veggies to the Side:
- Push the cooked vegetables to one side of the griddle to make space for the eggs.
- Pour the beaten eggs onto the empty side of the griddle and scramble them until they're mostly cooked but still slightly runny.
- Mix the scrambled eggs into the vegetables, and then stir in the cooked shrimp.
Add Rice and Soy Sauce:
- Add the cooled cooked rice to the griddle, breaking it up as you stir it with the other ingredients.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of soy sauce over the rice and stir-fry, ensuring that the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Continue to stir-fry the rice and other ingredients for about 5-7 minutes, or until the rice is heated through and has absorbed the flavors.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the shrimp fried rice with sliced green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious homemade shrimp fried rice cooked on the griddle.
You can also customize your shrimp fried rice by adding other ingredients like bean sprouts, diced scallions, or sliced bell peppers to create your own signature version of this classic dish.